9-inch spring form pan
12 eggs - hard boiled and separated whites from yellows
1/4 cup mayo
1 - 16 oz. container sour cream
1 onion diced very fine and strained (onion is optional)
Caviar - your choice on how decadent you wish to be - 4-6 ounces is a light layer, but works beautifully. For a Birthday splurge 8 ounces makes it extra special.
1. Mash egg whites until fine. Add mayo so it holds together.
2. Spread mixture evenly over the bottom of a spring form pan.
3. In a separate bowl, mash egg yellows until a finely crumbled.
4. Sprinkle evenly over egg whites.
5. Spread chopped onion over eggs. This is optional.
6. Spread sour cream in even layer over everything.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
8. Remove from fridge and then layer caviar over sour cream.
9. Carefully remove from spring form pan and serve.
- Recipe courtesy of Irena Medavoy